simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: I'm A Cliche
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm A Cliche


pic: dirtydirtydancing

I sometimes find it hard to believe just how consistently fantastic Claude Von Stroke's output is. He came straight out of leftfield with some of my favourite tracks of last year, and he seems to have done it again with this great job on the flip of Mikael Well's Silmarions. Sometimes I find it hard to avoid playing several CVS tracks in the same set, and this slow burning banger certainly adds to the dilemma.

Mikael Well - Silmarions (Claude Von Stroke Remix)
Buy From Phonica

Another couple of acts I find it hard to leave alone are Buraka Som Sistema, and our Fluo buddies Bonde Do Role. The Gasolina track has just promoed with further remixes from Radioclit and Scottie B, and Gorky was kind enough to 'lend' us this little DJ friendly dub for your delectation.

Bonde Do Role - Gasolina (Buraka Som Sistema Dub)
Check Ben Skull Juice's Phonica Chart


Ok, we all know the UK is going to reclaim the dance music crown this year, with the rise and rise of Dubsided, the new Simian Mobile Disco studio album due out in April and, of course, a certain member of the aristocracy who we have mentioned on here a couple of times. But with Yuksek poised to be yet another French star of the electronic scene, perhaps this musical Waterloo isn;t about to end any time soon. Ths remix for Franz and Shape, on Relish, is another piece of stabbing electro which just works wonders on the dancefloor.

Franz and Shape - Maximum Joy (Yuksek Remix)
Pursue Forthcoming Maximum Joy

I can't even remember where, why or how I came across this remix, but a remix of Smack My Beat Up has to be worth sharing with the world. Quite frankly, I am a little sick of the DJ axis caning this song right up to the present day, it sounded amazing at breaks clubs throughout the 90s but has kind of lost a little of the surprise factor now for any one other than the greenest nightclub pedestrians... This remix isn;t going to change the world but, hey, it's a fresh twist on the original, and by my reckoning would mix perfectly into the Digitalism re-rub of The Cure in any fluffy electro-house establishment you'd care to mention... As far as I can tell though, Mantrix appear to be a psy-trance outfit by day, which doesn't surprise me quite honestly.

Mantrix - Smack My Bitch Up
Go Home, And rethink Your Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment