simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: The Music Sounds Better With Braxe
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Music Sounds Better With Braxe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don’t know if it’s the British heatwave that seems to have lasted all summer, or something altogether more worrying, but I seem to have acquired somewhat of an addiction to euphoric synthy house music lately, particularly with a French bent (bent being the operative word). My recently posted mix is case in point! I was up late and alone in front of the TV the other day, and Stardust’s “Music Sounds Better With You” came on. Don’t call it a comedown, but the beautiful simplicity of the song’s structure stirred some kind of emotion in me, which is no mean feat. One third of the project, Alan Braxe, has been one of my favourite producers of late. He will probably never release a worldwide smash on the scale of the Stardust anthem. Hell, I doubt Thomas Bangalter ever will. But as long as he keeps turning the seratonin up to 11, he will do no wrong in my eyes. Check out these hot remixes, I know certain friends (you know who you are) will enjoy these.

John Lord Fonda- So Far Away (Alan Braxe Remix)



Kelis- Bossy (Alan Braxe Remix)


Fred Falke is a regular production partner of Alan Braxe, and in Omega Man, managed to make a song that sounds more like Alan Braxe than Alan Braxe himself. It’s another French disco number with that somehow wistful, nostalgic sound which I can’t get enough of right now.

Fred Falke & Savage- Omega Man


Check out Skull Juicefor the SebastiAn remix of “Bossy”, and millions of other goodies, including their amazing “Serious Fun” mix series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment