simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: Cracks Are Whack, Kids
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, July 8, 2006

Cracks Are Whack, Kids

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't want to talk about it too much, but my worst fears of an Ableton breakdown came true last night. I have been using a cracked copy of the DJing software for a few months now, and have been warned that eventually, the software would be detected via the internet, and it would self destruct. I had a bit of a recurring nightmare that this would happen right before a set. And, guess what.... 30 seconds before easily my biggest booking yet, the Adventures Close To Home/Moshi Moshi Records night with Lo Fi Fnk, my laptop decided it would be funny to tell me that I can't use Ableton Live any more, and the set which I had spent many hours and much stress programming and preparing over the last couple of weeks, was now inaccessible. The only back up I had was iTunes, and the set I recorded on my 25th birthday (Fluo-biddy?) last week at Skull Juice's potentially brilliant, but sadly unpopulated Walk The Night, with Kissy Sell Out. It was nice to see a big crowd responding to my work from last week, but it's a real shame I didn't get to unleash my new Ableton tricks, and hand-me-down indie credentials, and it was quite literally a pain in the neck bobbing my head and pretending to be doing something throughout the premeditated set.... Any way, the double-dipped mix is here for your delectation. Enjoy!

Casper C's "Electro By Numbers" Mix...


Tracklisting:

1) Headman- Moisture (Mustapha 3000 Remix)
2) Tomboy- Samba!
3) Riot In Belgium- The Acid never Lies
4) DFA1979- Black History Month (Alan Braxe Remix)
5) Munk- Disco Clown (Digitalism Remix)
6) Palermo Disko Machine- Pump
7) The Klaxons- Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix)
8) Space Cowboy- I Know What Girls Like (Young Punx Edit)
9) Daft Punk- Around The World
10) Kris Menace- Jupiter
11) The Futureheads- Skip To The End (Digitalism Remix)
12) WhomadeWho- Out The Door (Superdiscount Remix)
13) Nelly Furtado- Maneater (Radioslave Remix)

While I am here, I'll thrown in a future banger from the boys who are fast becoming THE superheroes of the British dancefloor, Simian Mobile Disco. They've murdered the breathy retroclash stylings of Peaches original, and reincarnated the song as a twisted mash of euphoric swooshes and headmashing bleeps and squeals . Can these guys do any wrong right now?

Peaches- Downtown (Simian Mobile Disco Remix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment