simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: Magret, tenderoni & chèvre chaud(e)
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Magret, tenderoni & chèvre chaud(e)


pic: NewYorkCityGirl

« hianta aussi a des devoirs » explique rémi, ouais c’est vrai, mais plus pour le moment, school’s out, such a relief. Although hianta doesn’t have the Internet anymore which is a shame, and gets me shakey from withdrawals from time to times. Even with the lack of a proper DSL connection, I still crave to share (good) music with you guys, how lucky are you? People dedicating their lives (or just avoiding schoolwork) just so that your iPod looks and sounds smart. We are not the only ones, don’t make me say what I didn’t.

Please do check the Hype Machine for some current goodness comprising of:
- Pig & Dan – Cured // makes me die and jump up 20 cm at the same time. Repeatedly. You don’t trust? Feel my heartbeat. People who said The Cure was up to no good in interviews should feel ashamed, even if it’s just for the fact (and it’s not) that if The Cure didn’t exist, P&D wouldn’t have done this pretty amazing (yet simple) cover.
- Simian Mobile Disco – It’s The Beat // my favourite one from the new white label, when I’m dancing to it in my undies in the living room, there’s a moment (and it never fails) when I realize with shock horror that my housemate is turning the key in the door and is going to witness the foolishness. But no, it’s only the tweaks and bleeps of the tune. Awesooooome I can do one more stupid & cold-inducing dance.
- Chromeo – Tenderoni // vocoder, sweet nothings, cowbell and handclaps, funk funk funk, what’s not to love? I’d imagine, in a better world, this would be amazing karaoke material, “put your heart into it girl, and shake your booty quietly”. The world is not best yet so just sing with Dave1 in your bathroom, it will do.


As for the fluokids presents :
- Bag Raiders have recently won the award for “nicest Australian people ever” in my heart. They care about your day, they wanna build new countries with you, on the beach. Lucky for us, if this ever happens, exciting music will be coming out of the utopia. You all know (if you read our blog carefully, and visit Casper’s myspace frequently) of Muscles, Julien Perez’ Australian band (just joking). Here’s Bag Raiders take on the “girls who say they have connections in the independent music communities” song. Soft dances inducing dizziness and absolute genuine love for the whole world ? That’s a Check.

One Inch Badge Pin (Bag Raiders mix) - Muscles

Van She Tech (ok it’s a tie in the aforementioned award) has also done a banging remix of this track, including the usual VST heart-attack tricks i.e. cutting up the shit out of the song, pressuring the legs for a full release around the 3:30 mark, ALARMA. You will need to buy the EP to get your fix, I said.

- Duchess Says, a band that speaks rather well to my heart : “hianta je pense que ce que je supporterais pas si j’habitais avec toi, c’est tes manières de princesse”. Yeah, right, looks like you’ve never seen me dancing on my knees little one, but keep this idea of me, my aim. SlumRecords is one of the most exciting labels these days, run by award winning people (in the category “nicest Canadian people ever”), filled with supertalented artists (Crystal Castles, Paul Devro, The Teenagers etc). Black Flag is Duchess Says’ newest EP out on S.L.U., and it’s pretty rocking. This remix that I chose to post embodies rather well the definition of “2006/7 awesome” i.e. big beat. Play this, LOUD. (There are also some pretty pretty, more traditional, remixes by Treu and Juan Maclean, so go get and get merry).

Black Flag (Pirate Soundsystem Remix) – Duchess Says

Bisous & Joyeux Noël, soyez gentils avec vos familles, aidez à faire la vaisselle et veillez à changer la couche de votre nièce régulièrement. Pas trop de chocolat ou c’est la crise de foie etcetera etcetera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment