simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: 9-11... You Can Be My Wingman Any Time
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, September 7, 2006

9-11... You Can Be My Wingman Any Time


photo: maddlyne by dj instant

Sorry Fluo fans, I have been awfully busy lately with Blogger's Delight, ICFTS, The Lock and making plans for AITBF at Fabric (it is looking like another French invasion- you heard it here first!...

Now to the more important business- sharing some delightful music with you, our delightful readers. A lot of great stuff has been and gone in the last fortnight or so. I am also sitting on a few gems that are burning a big hole in my ass, but they will be worth waiting for I can assure you.

You may or may not be aware that September 11th symbolises some big things this year- yes, Justin's new album is dropping! Don't sleep on that one! Another album which you shouldn't miss is the debut from Goose. I previously broke them with my "Party Up" mix last month, another couple of treats for you to ruminate over at the weekend as you count your pocket money. First up is "Black Gloves", which many of you will probably have heard by now. At first listen, I wasn't sure how to take this. It was almost too jubilant and overflowing with youthful exuberance. But having seen them live (I am seeing them again tonight :) ), and given the album repeated listening, I started to see how much intricacy there is to this seemingly straightforward grinding electro-rock sound. It will probably come as no surprise that one of Goose's members previously toured with the Soulwax band! If Black Gloves doesn't have you Goose-stepping in time, then there surely must be something wrong with you (ie you're probably over 20).

Goose- Black Gloves

If you hadn't yet figured out where the name derives from, maybe this remix (provided by Goose alter-ego, Jester) will give you a clue... It looks like theyb have the potential to take things onto a more danceflor orientated level without breaking into a sweat!

Goose- British mode (Jester Mix)

And yes, Goose and Jester are both characters from everybody's favourite homosocial fighter jet opus, Top Gun... Goose's album will be released on monday September 11th, on Skint... yes, SKINT Records! Looks like it could be time for a long overdue renaissance... Am i the only one to notice that what we're all "raving" to these days is big beat, after all?... I am holding back my best Goose treat for later- look out for their amazing Futureheads remix, recently snapped up by 679!

And what better way to commemorate a tragic, and important date, than a couple of funk carioca jams, fresh off the recent Favela Booty beats compilation. Make sure you put that on your shopping list as well!

DJ Sandrinho- Berimbau

Roque Balado- Catita


I'm off to prepare my set for the Cansei de Ser Sexy gig tomorrow... And I'll be back soon with more music, and less self promotion, I promise!

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment