simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: Myles Ahead!
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, August 4, 2006

Myles Ahead!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NB- I hate people that use pictures of themselves DJing, as if it's a supposedly cool thing to be doing, but I couldn;t find any good pics of pretty girls, and I'm not actually DJing, or looking self-important there any way!...

Here’s the second instalment of my mix ‘series’. I bet you’re excited aren’t you!? It’s a bit tougher than the last wave of gay euphoria I sent out, so if you’re stuck for a soundtrack to your next house party, and you’re only expecting it to last, say, 71 minutes (a bit like a Shoreditch ‘rave’ then), you could do worse than sticking this on in the background. Basically it’s the sound of somebody finally waking up to the simplicity of Switch’s work, and hastily moulding a mix around a couple of his songs. Oh, and I also stuck in my brother’s favourite song for good measure. He always was a big 2-step fan. Enjoy!

CASPER C’S PARTY UP! (LENGTH OF A NEU RAVE) MIX


Tracklisting:

Mustapha 3000- Kongo Thong
SebastiAn- Walkman
Goose- Bring It On
Cosmo Vitelli- I Like To Move It (Tekel Mix)
Induceve- Warehouse Shit
187 Lockdown- Gunman
Switch- A Bit Patchy
Sharon Phillips- Want 2 Need 2 (Trentemoller Mix)
The Futureheads- Worry About It Later(Switch Remix)
Claude Von Stroke- The Whistler
Paul Woolford- Erotic Discourse (Mark O’Sullivan Mix) with elements of Daisy Daisy- Michelle Plays Ping Pong (Vicarious Bliss Mix)
Missy Elliott- We Run This (*** Exclusive*** Duke Dumont Remix)
D4L- Laffy Taffy (Curtified Flosstradamus Mix)
Teki Latex- Disco Dance With You (Para One Remix)
***Bonus Track*** You’ll have to listen and see!

This kind of thing will be going down at Turnmills tomorrow night, where Adventures Close To Home have kindly asked me to play. I’m on at 2am in the gurning room upstairs!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can’t believe there is somebody with the same name as my brother just above me on the flyer… God damn you Danny Clark, you always insist on pissing on my candles… I know I know, I used to piss in your bath, but that was ages ago… Ahem.

I was in Turnmills last week, where I was lucky enough to see Justice and Pedro playing again. I really enjoyed Pedro’s set particularly this time, he is becoming a DJ worth going to see in his own right. Headman was also on the bill, and once again proved that he isn’t worth his no doubt astronomical fee, lazily mixing CDs of modish remixes in a formulaic fashion (come on Robbie, even I can do that!). Oh, and live German electro act Motor were really good as well,I'm sure I'll be posting something of theirs in the near future. I was also lucky enough to receive a copy of SebastiAn;s new Ross Ross Ross EP, which is a compilation of pretty much everything of note that the boy wonder has created in the last year or so. I was already familiar with most of the collection, but was surprised to see Mylo’s name on there, assuming he had gone into premature retirement, atop a large pile of cash. It isn’t SebastiAn’s best work by any means, but I post it here (with Pedro’s blessing) for exclusivity and posterity.

Mylo- Paris Four Hundred (SebastiAn remix)


As ever, you can buy Ross Ross Ross and other French treats on ARCADE MODE

***Bonus Beats***

I know there are a few Chamillionaire fans on here, so I’m posting up a grimey little remix of “Ridin’ Dirty” which was put together by my superstar DJ friend, Benedict X from Skull Juice. Make sure you check out their brilliant blog as well, where you’ll find their tour dates, including a support slot for The Presets at the end of the month!

Chamillionaire- Ridin' Dirty (Benedict X's Ridin' Grimey Vershan)


Apologies if the quality is poor, we seem to have blown up a speaker with this tune at Jaguar Shoes last week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment