simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: supplement saucisse
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, June 20, 2008

supplement saucisse


pic: LastNightsParty

Dans le sud de l'europe ils ont l'internet aussi, et la nourriture grecque. YUM YUM. Une fois j'ai mangé un Whooper en compagnie de Don Rimini, je n'ai pas finis mes frites.

-A new EP just 2 months after the release with Mental Groove of « let Me Back up », is it a strategy to nail down it as quick as possible?

I never did any real calculation... I move forward mostly by instinct… the success of Let Me Back Up is also due to the amazing Crookers remix. By the way, cheers a lot to them… they really did an awesome remix !
I didn't want any ambiguity. For instance, I didn't want my pseudo success to be based on a misunderstanding... So, that’s true, by releasing quickly a new EP, it is a good way to state my stuff... u see...


-Everybody, but really everybody did play Let Me back Up, is it difficult to go back to work after a track which works so well? (after such a success?)

It is always difficult to go back to work, Isn't it? ;)
You know for me, nothing could make me so happy than to see my track as much played by so many Djs thats I admire...
Producing is a real pleasure for me...
Here, the idea was really to do something pretty ruff, direct, impulsive. Not necessary subtle and elegant. I wanted some energy, some sweat…
No matter if it was gone be a fucking pimp sound at some points… a kind of arrogant sound… hehehe, we cant change who we are…
It's more than an EP for me, it’s a real mini-album with an intro…
Without any concession for the choice of the tracks. No second choice tracks for B side…
4 tracks - 4 bangers ! anyway I tried… :)


-The new maxi is released on a US label, do you foresee new horizon with it?

Sky is the limit ??
I had lots of pretty crazy feedbacks from the US. It touches me amazingly…
For instance, “Let me Back up” did work pretty well there.
One day, I received an email from Aaron Lacrate who told me he was really fan of my sound.
He asked me to produce a track for his new label Gutter music. So I've done it, it's “Psssy mind feat verb” which will be released this summer…
He was just finishing a remix for Delicious vinyl with Debonair Samir.
Straight away, he wanted me to do a remix for a delicious vinyl remix project.
I have to say that I am a great fan of Delicious Vinyl, it's really a mythic label for me (Pharcyde, Tone Loc…). Aaron linked me with the Delicious vinyl crew. They gave me the choice to remix the track I want on their roaster.
I was fucking mad...
And thats it, my «Youg Mc» remix is their new single… my own mini-American dream. ahahaha. They wanted to expand our collaboration, and one thing leading to another, Kick n run is released on Delicious Gutter in USA and Canada (it’s the division set up by Aaron Lacrate on delicious vinyl) and on Mental Groove (the family…) for the rest of the world.... I am very proud of this association...


-Today, you've got enough tracks to set up a live, do you think you will take the plunge? If yes, how, when, where, everything?

Yes, I think about it more and more seriously. In fact, I am asking myself lots of questions about the Live.
I would love to avoid the laptop live… the idea is to bring something fresh, new, original which will not sound fake/playback. Where I could truly play, with interactions. Also, something pretty visual at the same time... anyway, I think about it...


-We feel that the Techno is coming back in most of the DJ sets at the moment,what do you like to play yourself nowadays?

I've always played lots of techno, its my luggage…
For instance, I'm digging out old vinyls from my attic. I got back the Spastik of Plastikman, tracks of Jammin Geralds, I rip my old Dancemania vinyls (Traxmen, Deeon, Robert Armini…), some rave stuffs, SL2, Holy Noise, Frankie Bones, DJ rush… no nostalgia, only some timeless tracks thats I fucking love and which matche completely my sets.


-What's your schedule for this summer? Any projects for September?

This summer, I will still tour a lot, many festivals, follow up my European tour, Berlin, Lausanne, Glasgow… I am also going to work pretty much on remixes, but definitely work hard on my first mixtape. It’s an ambitious and crazy thing I have since a long time. There will be lots of surprises + some edits, remixes, exclus… they should be out next autumn...to follow...

Don Rimini - Nervous Breakdown

0 comments:

Post a Comment