simple is beautiful
Fluo Kids: un bonheur absolu
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

un bonheur absolu


Photo : Bastien Lattanzio

bonjour,
I get the feeling that you guys are a bit too spoiled these days, but there's nothing we could do, hot ass tracks keep pouring like water out of the shower.

first off : a new track by the Klaxons! YAY! as I was going through the hype machine today, to see if it was not already blogged (it's not), I saw that, indeed, they are quite in the middle of a hype storm (what with the NME etc) and I understand that it could get a bit annoying for some, but lest not forget that, DUH, the Klaxons are truly effing awesome. Alright, the Simian Mobile Disco remix was quite something (how surprising heh) but the original ish is booh-great as well. Go figure.

Klaxons - Magick

Next is the weekly (or so it seems, many thanks to god) Van She (Tech) contribution to a more beautiful word. Here they are remixing a track by an obscure (to me) band called I Am Finn. The only thing the internet would share with me is that it’s supposed to be some "angst-ridden anthemics, new-wave rock'n'roll and indie-rock sounds". Err OK. Fortunately they (I Am Finn, not Van She) are playing the Legion (Old Street) tonight, so Londoners, go check them out and tell me if the original is worth this concentrate of pure bliss. It would be hard, especially with that tense building up of the music which ends up, at the region of the 2:30s, making me go absolutely nuts, go-go, more than mad. And if you’ve seen a mad hianta, you know what’s up. This reminds me (wrongly maybe you tell me) of JT’s My Love in the use of cute horns and hot bleepiness, or something, I dunno.

I Am Finn – I Love You (Van She Tech Remix)

Also, let me introduce you, if you’ve not already come across to it, to a quite fluo blog that brings great music to your ears /CHECK KIM’S (of presets fame) FISTOGRAM, IF YOU MAY/, Acid Girls, good taste keeps spreading. Did you see? The Ministry Of Sound (God forbid) Mash 3 mixed by Tonite Only and Riot In Belgium looks like a "best of" Fluokids 2006, and people tell me we’ve even become Kitsune Maison 3's A&R without even knowing, life is wonderful.

Finally, Le Paris Paris, the hot club de Paris, has got a treat for you : Siskid’s newest track, Architect, which is like, when you listen to it carefully, a slice of heaven on earth, you know the kind. It’s been on really heavy rotation in the past days at home, and you’ll soon realise it’s accurate for all kind of situations from dancing slowly in the living room, to going to sleep, waking up, taking baths, making food, making love, all kinds I tell you. Beauty to it’s truest, it’s out now on Initial Cuts, go.

Siskid - Architect

Speaking of which, little darlings [T]ékël will be playing in Bordeaux (BT59/2PM/10euros) tomorrow, and if you’re not in Stockholm rocking with my friends, but rather around the South Western bound of France (not bad of a choice if I may say) you should come and rock with me, because those two are fantabulous when playing live.

Quality, I say, I’m so glad to be living these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment